Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Desperately need help with my damaged 2b hair - clueless!
27-09-2016, 03:16 AM
Desperately need help with my damaged 2b hair - clueless!
My 2b hair has been pretty messed up from excessive bleaching and dying over the past year. I've managed to do a fairly good job reviving it with a leave in conditioner, a trim, and hair masks. However, the two bits around my face are so limp and unable to curl that they really stand out from the rest of my hair. Frankly, it looks pretty silly. What can I do to give that area life again so it matches the rest of my revived hair? For years I hated my curls and never cared to take care of them so now that I want to I'm totally clueless - HELP! xx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: Desperately need help with my damaged 2b hair - clueless!
(27-09-2016 03:16 AM)jprager17 Wrote:  My 2b hair has been pretty messed up from excessive bleaching and dying over the past year. I've managed to do a fairly good job reviving it with a leave in conditioner, a trim, and hair masks. However, the two bits around my face are so limp and unable to curl that they really stand out from the rest of my hair. Frankly, it looks pretty silly. What can I do to give that area life again so it matches the rest of my revived hair? For years I hated my curls and never cared to take care of them so now that I want to I'm totally clueless - HELP! xx

Have you tried Olaplex?
12-10-2016, 06:20 AM
(12-10-2016 05:47 AM)Savagegirl Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 03:16 AM)jprager17 Wrote:  My 2b hair has been pretty messed up from excessive bleaching and dying over the past year. I've managed to do a fairly good job reviving it with a leave in conditioner, a trim, and hair masks. However, the two bits around my face are so limp and unable to curl that they really stand out from the rest of my hair. Frankly, it looks pretty silly. What can I do to give that area life again so it matches the rest of my revived hair? For years I hated my curls and never cared to take care of them so now that I want to I'm totally clueless - HELP! xx

Have you tried Olaplex?

I haven't! What is it?
12-10-2016, 06:22 AM
(12-10-2016 06:20 AM)jprager17 Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 05:47 AM)Savagegirl Wrote:  

Have you tried Olaplex?

I haven't! What is it?

Ah! It's the new go-to hair repair serum. Give it a google:

excerpt:
Olaplex claims to “reconnect broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair.” The treatment is labelled a “bond multiplier”, which limits damage to hair during or after colouring. A lot of people with damaged hair have managed to get amazing results from Olaplex"
07-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Hi Jprager17, you might just need a bit of a protein hit to help strengthen your hair after the damage. I find it helps a lot (I couler my hair!). You can read about protein and treatments on the blog.

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au
02-12-2016, 04:06 PM

Well, to grow up hair is not the big problem , the major problem is to maintain them, usually every one try to grow up long hair , then the problem starts occurring ,people fight with there curls, dandruff etc , I usually maintain them by Hair Straightener Heart