Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Greasy Hair
15-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Greasy Hair
My hair is wavy and quite fine and I seem to get weighed down and greasy hair - I think the conditioners are too heavy. Does anyone know of any light weight conditioner or maybe how I should chnage my routine. I normally leave some conditioner in - do you think I should fully rinse it out or use a light leave in instead?

Type 2C Hair
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2013, 01:42 PM
RE: Greasy Hair
Hey curlygal, as I need thick conditioners I can't help you much with the light ones but you could try just conditioning the ends so the roots aren't too weighed down.

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au
15-11-2013, 02:28 PM
When I get to the end of my conditioners I add water, shake it around and then transfer to a spray bottle for a quick easy spray in conditioner. Because it's watered down its not to heavy, you could try this!

3A hair (I think!)
15-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Thank you, both sound like good ideas. I'd still like to find a lighter conditioner too though so if you hear/know of nay let me know!

Type 2C Hair
16-11-2013, 08:34 AM
If you're hair is in good condition maybe you don't really need a leave in... especially if you have fine hair. Will keep my eyes peeled for light conditioners for you!

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

18-11-2013, 12:50 PM
i have the same problem - my hair is becoming flat and really weighed down, especially when adding extra moisture eg a leave in conditioner. I'm starting to worry that the CG routine is not for me. I have a lot of frizz so feel like I need extra conditioner but then my hair is heavy and all my curls are limp. Help?! PS so glad to have found love your curls!
18-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Hello Squee, welcome to LYC! I'd suggest trying a lighter conditioner for your wash out and try experimenting with not using a leave in or watering down some conditioner and using that instead. You can also use a 'low-poo' instead of co-washing if you're hair is very fine and being weighed down easily. Your frizz might not be down to you needing moisture - mine gets quite frizzy when it is over-moisturised. If you're hair is in good condition you might not even need a leave in! Are you CG now? Are you using a 'normal' towel or micro-towel? You might just need some different styling techniques or products... rinsing with cold water and with your head to the side or upside down can help with it being limp for example. I'd read the articles here: http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au/curl-articles.html
Begin with these to figure out yuor hair type etc and and then we can try help you!

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

19-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Ok so I read the articles (thanks!) and I think I have normal porosity hair (not particularly damaged and I don’t colour my hair) and it’s fine. I think I’m 2b/2C.
19-11-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 04:42 PM by Lou.)
Hey Squee, in that case I think you’re probably using products that are too moisturizing/heavy for your hair. It is possible to have too much moisture! When I tried coconut oil my hair was gorgeous and soft but it was too soft and completely flyaway and wouldn’t hold its curls at all. If you feel like your hair needs a leave in maybe just put a small amount just on the ends and not at the roots where it will weigh it down. I’d definitely experiment with trying no leave in or a watered down version too and see how you get on. A lighter conditioner would prob be best and you could try low-pooing or clarifying with an AVC rinse now and again and see how that works (see here). So I take it you are silicone/sulphate free? You didn’t mention if you use a t-shirt of micro-fibre towel either? The towel will help with frizz and making sure you scrunch and ‘plop’ your hair in the towel can help with the curl formation too!

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

19-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Hi Lou thanks for all your help. I am curly girl but only recently. I don't have a micro-fibre towel but I'll look into getting one. I don't know what it means to plop!