Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Severely dehydrated skin - Any advice? Dr. T ?
11-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Severely dehydrated skin - Any advice? Dr. T ?
Hello. Newbie Question! My skin is uncomfortably tight, dry and flaky & covered in a million fine lines Sad Especially in winter. It hurts when I smile, when I frown... I'm in my mid 30's but I look so much older... I can understand the difference between dry and dehydrated skin (I think I have both) and the properties of humectants, emollients & occlusives. A long time ago, I read some very bad things about hyaluronic acid which really made sense at the time and adding dry climate (in wintertime) to that... I was against humectants in general. I tried applying oils immediately after cleansing, I tried pure squalene, I tried formulating my own simplistic face creams (coconut / argan / rosehip oils with floral waters and sorbitan olivate / cetearyl olivate & grapefruit seed extract = pH 5.5)... And although, my extremely sensitive skin doesn't react as much, within a couple of hours, the oils (depending on which I'm using) just sit on top and I'm all dried up! My skin suffers the most in my working environment. I'm so frustrated I have tried reconsidering HA/niacinamide/PCA/glycerin/urea etc. etc. but then I read something like this:
Quote:
Water on the skin can bloat the dead skin cells on the top surface and can make the barrier appear more moisturized and temporarily reduce the appearance of lines. Again, some are shifting to the argument that applying water to the skin not only changes the PH of the skin by making it more alkaline (water has a PH of 7 while natural skin is around 5) but also interrupts the body's natural exfoliation process which in turn makes your skin drier looking if humectants are used for a long time
on this forum, which is what I believed for the longest time, and I'm scared off them again... Do I have any other options? Would actives that repair the lipid barrier (such as ceramides and phytosterols) be what was missing from my oily regimen to prevent transepidermal water loss? Should I give that practice a second try? I would really appreciate your input... thank you and sorry for the long post Smile

Weight loss
Health information
SKIN WHITENING
health tips
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2015, 07:27 PM
RE: Severely dehydrated skin - Any advice? Dr. T ?
You seem to have extreme dry skin condition. You should try to consult some good dermatologist and drink lots of water. Olive oil with honey can be very helpful for your skin type.
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Consult dermatologist! He is the only one able to help you.
17-03-2016, 03:56 PM
I used to have same problem with my daughter too. Glad her nounou finds way about mixing natural stuffs and apply it on her skins.
27-07-2016, 10:23 AM
I think the problem you have described is not only external but more internal. I mean the dry skin is just a symptom of some disease or it can be a result of stress or your nutrition. First of all,before applying something to your skin you should follow some rules: keeping to a healthy diet as our eating habits influence the condition of our skin much. For example, acne can be a result of too many sweets and fried fatty food. You also should drink much water! It is better to drink one glass of water every hour! If your body suffers without having enough water, sure that your skin will become dry too. If you take vitamins for skin and hair as they are usually in complex, you will also have some benefits for your skin condition. And after all these steps, the next should be applying some natural remedy, for example, oil if you are not allergic to coconut or olive oil. By the way, yogurt is a perfect skin-hydrating agent. Moreover, it is a great antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties which are helpful for soothing dry skin.
27-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Star Pandora Ringe G
toothpaste or detergent or salad;4) Pandora Bague En Remise blow dry, The best way to maintain silver jewelry is to wea anelli pandora prezzi 2017 r every Pandora Bague En Remise day, then wipe silver. because the reaction with sulfur in the air to produce Bracelet Pandora Boutique En Ligne sulfide silver. In April 8th. bury the silver object in the lemon. it will stop.It's not compli