Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Welcome to Love Your Curls!
25-08-2013, 07:24 PM

Hello fellow curlies. My name is Lou and I'm the owner of Love Your Curls. I set up LYC so that Australian Curlies could have their own dedicated site where they could come together to chat, learn and find out all the need to embrace their curls. The people on here will make that journey so much easier and enjoyable so I want to thank all member in advance for making this community what it is.

I like helping other curlies and I wanted to build a community where people could ask others for advice and about their experiences and learn from each other. I'm still learning all the time and through this site you hopefully will too.

Lou (afrodoo) x

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: Welcome to Love Your Curls!
Love your work, LYC! Thank you for introducing me to the naturally curly method. I have never had such soft and manageable curls xxxx
12-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Hello everyone (well the few who have taken the plunge!)! We need to get this site busier so spread the word. I love being able to get advice from fellow curlies. I have 3A hair which sometimes does what I want it to! Look forward to chatting to you all on here.

Type 3A curls.
Medium Length.
Heart
11-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Hello all. My name is Carlene. I just begun my journey for natural hair. Looking forward to learning more about my hair type, styles and products that will help me to reach my goal -healthy natural hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
11-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Hello Carlene and welcome to LYC! I hope love your curls can be a big help in your journey to rocking ace curls.

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

15-10-2013, 01:46 PM
What a great site! My name is Renee and I've recently re-discovered my curly self after years recovering from the 1980's! I've been reading lots on Curlygirl...but great to see something from Australia! Well done and I look forward to reading, learning and sharing with fellow curly girls in Australia Big Grin
15-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Hello Curly Nae! I'm pleased to have you on board at LYC's and look forward to seeing you on the boards soon!

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

19-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Hello Smile
Just joined up today and hoping to learn tips, tricks, product knowledge etc...

I have tried co-washing but found my head became very itchy from it.

Just exploring the kevin murphy range of products, does anyone who uses sulphate free shampoo have any brands to recommend?

I have boticelli type curls looking at the pictures on the blog here i would guess somewhere between type 3A and 3B Smile
19-10-2013, 12:17 PM
Hello Oonga! Welcome to Love Your Curls, I'm really glad to have you're on board. I'll be posting regularly on the blog and in the articles so keep checking there for more info. Or you can join the RSS feed if that's your thing... I'm a bit addicted to 'feedly' just now which I use to track my blog reading addiction! As for the itchy co-washing head you can add some sugar to your co-wash conditioner to do a bit of a scrub as it helps to get more of a scalp wash and it dissolves when rinsing... or for a good sulphate free shampoo I have read that Mastey’s Triate shampoo is good and is available at priceline. I don't use low-poo's but I'll have another search for good ones and get back to you.

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

19-10-2013, 12:42 PM
hey Oonga - found out some sulphate shampoos. I'll post them in the products reviews section so people can add to/comment on them.

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair