Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Welcome to Love Your Curls!
26-04-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Welcome to Love Your Curls!
Hey Lou! Brand new to your site, got the details off Neel in Melbourne ('Neel loves Curls' fame)... I think I'm a 3-something hair type, lookng forward to chatting with everyone and getting easy hair care tips...especially deep conditioning treatments and leave in conditioners!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

I found out about this place from Neel. Trying to learn to embrace, also trying not to get completely overwhelemd with all the information and stuff out there. I'm a 3B type I'm pretty sure, very high porosity, very fine individual strands of hair, but about the same amount of strands as someone with straight hair, which in curly hair means for a LOT of hair. (Trying to explain to people I have very fine hair is so frustrating at times) Def hoping to learn basics just get my head around what on earth I am doing.
11-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Hi Smosh,

Sorry not replied yet, was away over the weekend. Will try to answer all of your questions today at some point!

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au
23-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi Lou & all members,

I stumbled upon your site, did a great deal of reading & thought I'd join up to this forum. I can now substitute the intuitive terminology or slang I used to describe my hair (boofy, grippy, moppy etc.) with more technical or established words. I'm a Melburnian too.

Reading through everyone's posts here I'm reminded of just how diverse we curlies are. It would seem no two heads are exactly alike even within families. My brother & I (it's just the two of us) inherited our curls from our father's Scottish & Irish side of the family but mine is the curliest! I share the same experience as you Lou in terms of the teasing/bullying & feeling negatively towards my hair, although I grew up in New Zealand. My curly haired grandmother passed away when I was young, I had no curly haired aunts & a straight haired mother, so there was no one to help me or teach me how to manage my hair well. No one knew what to do with it & I got traumatised in the 80s.

Being a creative experimental person I learned a great deal on my own & from websites & forums from overseas. I'm very pleased to find this local resource. I've recently chopped my hair off again as two thirds of my length was just too damaged from colour treatments & heat from straightening. I've discovered that that's over 1/2 the issue with my hair- it doesn't handle these processes very well & is quite delicate/sensitive. There's a lot of it but it's quite fine. I'm going back to my natural colour & am using only organic & natural products on it. I'm considering a cassia treatment (some people call it neutral henna) just to see how it goes. No more colour & minimal straightening.

There are still soooo many women who straighten the hell out their hair in this country. I've noticed it seems very popular in the Mediterranean community. I wanted all the women in my former workplace to join me in a 'natural curly' day & I was scoffed at! It would seem that curls are just not very fashionable at the moment.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the info & Lou for blazing a trail down under. I've come to realise that curly hair is quite special & have been reading about the genetics behind it. Fascinating.

3B-3C (curl varies across my head)
Medium porosity (any lightening or too much heat pushes into high)
High density (thick as a forrest!)
Medium elasticity (any lightening or heat can change this to low)[/color]
Mousy brown colour
28-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Hey Amyls,

Hello and welcome! Really loved reading your post and glad to hear you've been championing the curls! I also tried to get some natural but hidden curlies to stop straightening at my work but with no joy. Let us know how you go with the henna, it seems its really popular amongst curlies so would love to hear how you find it. I colour my hair and although it's fine I find if I condition it well it copes ok with it. I only ever get the roots done so don't go over pre-coloured hair and I think that helps!

Anyway, thanks again for joining and keep rocking your curls x

Medium-Long Fine Curls
3B-3C Hair
High Porosity
Highlighted Hair

http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au
10-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Hi, all this is Alexa from Chicago, US. I loved to have curl hairs and joined this forum to get more and authentic information related to hair care.

Cheers, all.